John Wiseman is a Senior Research Fellow at Melbourne Climate Futures, University of Melbourne.
His current research and policy work focuses on strategies for restoring a safe climate and accelerating the transition to a just and resilient zero-carbon society.
John’s major research and policy contributions include: climate change and sustainability risks and challenges; the drivers and consequences of globalisation; regional economic and employment policies; and community wellbeing and social justice.
Current roles include:
Previous research and policy roles include:
- Professorial Fellow and Deputy Director, Melbourne Sustainable Society Institute, University of Melbourne
- Visiting Fellow, Crawford School of Public Policy, Australian National University
- Foundation Director, McCaughey VicHealth Centre for the Promotion of Mental Health and Community Wellbeing, University of Melbourne
- Professor of Public Policy, Victoria University
- Assistant Director, Policy Development and Research, Victorian Department of Premier and Cabinet
- Associate Professor, School of Social Science, RMIT University